MakerBot METHOD X 3D Printer
MakerBot METHOD X 3D Printer
Buy and METHOD Series Printer + a LABS Extruder and Receive One Free LABS Spool: April 1 - May 15th
- Any METHOD series 3D printer
- LABS Gen 2 Experimental Extruder
Receive a Free: (choose 1 spool)
- Jabil SEBS 95A Flexible FIlament
- Kimya PETG ESD
- Mitsubishi Durabio Transparent Filament - Only compatible with METHOD X Variations
- Kimya ABS CARBON - Only compatible with METHOD X Variations
- Polymaker POLYMAX PC - Only compatible with METHOD X Variations
Buy a METHOD and Receive Free Spools of Tough and PVA: April 1 - May 15th
A MANUFACTURING WORKSTATION
The MakerBot METHOD X is a high performance, tinker-free 3D printer designed to handle the most complex 3D printing needs. Featuring a 110°C heated chamber, the METHOD X prints the most difficult materials such as ABS, PC-ABS, and ASA with unique three-dimensional strength unparalleled in its class. Delivering uncompromising performance right out-of-the-box, METHOD X utilizes native CAD integrations and automated calibration processes to help companies save on engineering time.
Developed from the ground up leveraging industry-leading Stratasys® patents, METHOD X features high quality components like a heated build chamber, precision dissolvable supports, and dry-sealed material bays. Perfect for manufacturing tools, end-user parts and functional prototypes. METHOD X delivers maximum innovation with minimal investment.
- Dual performance extruders
- Dry-sealed material bays
- 100°C circulated heated build chamber
- Wifi Connectivity and 21 on-board sensors
- Remote monitoring and printing
- 25 Compatible CAD file types
- 5" Full-color capacitive touch screen
- Over 300,000 hours of reliability testing
- 1 MakerBot METHOD X 3D Printer
- 1 Spring Steel Build Plate
- 1 Model 1XA Performance Extruder
- 1 Support 2XA Performance Extruder
- 1 Nozzle Brush
- 1 Hex Key
- 1 USB A-to-B Cable
- 1 US Power Cord
- 1 EU Power Cord
Note: MakerBot materials are sold separately.
Ultra-Rigid Metal Frame Construction
The METHOD X features a structurally optimized metal frame that runs the full length of the body to offset flexing. Less flexing means more consistent prints with better part accuracy and fewer failures.
Circulating Heated Build Chamber
The enclosed build chamber can reach up to 212°F (100°C). Control the temperature and quality of every layer. While heated build plates are effective at reducing warping, the METHOD X takes it further with full active heat immersion during the entire duration of the print.
Dual Performance Extruders
The Dual Performance Extruder system accelerates print times and provides dimensional accuracy across every part. Each Performance Extruder contains a suite of sensors that detect when material is running low and allows for active jam detection during the entire print duration. The system also has more torque with a 19:1 dual-drive gear ratio, which keeps materials loaded and ready for reliable material extrusion at every layer. The lengthened thermal core has a fast start-up time, heating up in less than 60 seconds.
Dry-Sealed Material Bays
There are two material bays that form a seal that keep material free from being damaged from humidity. A suite of built-in sensors ensures that your material is stored in its optimal environment.
The METHOD X is compatible with ABS, ASA, PLA, and PETG filaments. For support filaments, the METHOD X can utilize PVA and SR-30.
You can print via 10/100 Mb/s Fast Ethernet RJ45 LAN, USB 2.0 Type-A, and Wi-Fi 4 (802.11n).
5" Full Color Touchscreen
The 5" display features touchscreen controls, allowing you to swipe, tap, and print directly from the METHOD X. With a 640 x 480 resolution, you'll be able to receive up-to-the-second status of your current print job.
Spring Steel Build Plate
A precision-calibrated print base and spring steel build plate provide true flatness for part accuracy.
- Printing technology: Fused Deposition Modeling (FDM)
- Print heads: Dual
- Dimensional accuracy: ± 0.2 mm
- Layer resolution: 20 – 400 microns
- Build Speed: Max Material Flow Rate: ~50 mm³ per sec
- Print head travel speed: up to 500 mm per sec
- Maximum build volume: 19 L x 19 W x 19.6 H cm / 7.5 x 7.5 x 7.75 in single extrusion; 15.2 L x 19 W x 19.6 H cm / 6.0 x 7.5 x 7.75 in dual extrusion
- Machine dimensions: 43.7 L x 41.3 W x 64.9 H cm / 17.2 x 16.3 x 25.6 in
- Machine weight: 5 kg / 65 lbs
- Frame construction: aluminum die cast base, extruded aluminum uprights, steel weldment gantry frame.
- Temperature control: circulating heated chamber, 100°C
- Build plate: Flexible steel build plate
- Build surface: Reusable grip surface
- Display: 5” full-color capacitive touch screen
- Camera resolution: 640 x 480 pixels
- Sensor suite: 21 sensors including:
- Humidity control
- Material detection
- Performance extruders:
- Material detection
- Encoder (Jam detection)
- Lid – open/closed
- Door – open/closed
- Temperature sensors – heated chamber
- Calibration sensors
- Extruder thermal core length: 48.2 mm
- Max extruder drive torque: 200 Newtons
- Nozzle diameter: 0.4 mm
- Spool type: Smart spools with RFID sensors
- Spool sensors: Remaining material, material color, material type.
- Supported Materials:
- MakerBot 1XA Extruder: ABS, ASA, PC ABS, PC ABS FR
- MakerBot 2XA Extruder: SR-30
- Software bundle: MakerBot Print, MakerBot Mobile
- Supported file formats: MakerBot (.makerbot), STL (.stl), SolidWorks (.sldprt, .sldasm), InventorOBJ (.ipt, .iam), IGES (.iges, .igs), STEP AP203/214 (.step, .stp), CATIA (.CATPart, .CATProduct), Wavefront Object (.obj), Unigraphics/NX (.prt), Solid Edge (.par, .asm), ProE/Creo (.prt, .asm), VRML (.wrl), Parasolid (.x_t, .x_b)
- Operating systems:
- Windows (7,10)
- Mac OS X (10.9+)
- Connectivity: USB Drive, USB, Ethernet, WiFi
- Power Requirements:
- METHOD X; 100 - 240 V; 8.1A - 3.4A, 50 / 60 Hz; 800 W max.
Method Material and Extruder Compatibility Chart
Shipping is free in every state except Hawaii & Alaska on orders over $150.
Shipping to Hawaii or Alaska will cost $225.
You will not be charged sales taxes in any state, except Texas. This is because we operate in Texas, so we legal obligation to collect sales tax, even on online orders.
As soon as you place your order, you will receive an order confirmation e-mail. This means that we have received your order in our system and we've charged your card for the purchase. As soon as we receive your order, we automatically reach out to our suppliers and have them ship out to you. Please note, different items have different shipping times, so please check the "Shipping Info" tab on the product page for an estimated shipping date.
We will send you tracking information within 24 hours of your order leaving the warehouse to the e-mail address or phone number you provided when checking out. If you do not receive tracking information from us within the estimated shipping date, please feel free to follow up with us at help@3Dshipped.com.
Damages & Wrong Deliver:
Please inspect the packaging of your item(s) when they arrive, if you notice any damages, or you received something you didn't order, you should make note of it when signing for delivery. If your item(s) do arrived damaged, please send photos help@3Dshipped.com and we will process an insurance claim on your behalf.
Cancellations & Refunds:
You may cancel your order within 24 hours, as long as your order has not shipped with a 5% cancellation fee. If your order has shipped, you (the buyer) will also be responsible for actual return shipping charges.
You can return your item(s) within 30 days of receiving your order as long the item is unopened and unused. Refunds will only be issued to the original credit card that you use when placing your order and incur a 30% restocking fee. Some brands are not eligible for refunds.